As business information is the most vital part of any company, most businesses have some form of data security policy in place. While this policy and the security controls may be introduced with the best intentions, the effectiveness of the policy can be difficult to maintain and organise. For example, most IT security policies may overlook vital information assets such as paperwork. The ISO 27001 standard was introduced to ensure that all aspects of data security are protected.
ISO 27001 was developed to "provide a model for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving an information security management system".
The specification includes details for documentation, management responsibility, internal audits, continual improvement, and corrective and preventive action. The standard requires cooperation among all sections of an organisation which is required to apply controls appropriately in line with their specific risks.
So why have Aeromark chosen to be ISO 27001 certified?
“Aeromark believe in a proactive approach to securing information security and integrity for our customers. Most service management software providers are only able to offer data centres which are covered by the ISO27001 standard which as a result doesn’t cover the largest part of the risk. At Aeromark our entire business scope is covered by these standards, from our hiring policies to how our team develop our software and of course our datacentres. In becoming accredited for both ISO 27001 and ISO 22301 we show Aeromark’s commitment to adhering to the international best practices of data protection and to meet the increasing expectations of our customers” - Roger Marks, Managing Director.
Key benefits to our customers
- By becoming ISO 207001 certified Aeromark ensures that it complies with all laws, regulations and contractual requirements related to information security.
- Every security incident, large or small, costs money. Aeromark’s ISO 27001 certification massively reduces the risk of a security incident by identifying business risks.
- Better organization with clearly defined processes and procedures enabling Aeromark to offer an even higher level of service to our customers.
- The ability for Aeromark to offer services to businesses in highly regulated sectors.
- It demonstrates Aeromark’s clear commitment to Information Security Management (ISMS) for our customers.
- It provides a framework to ensure the fulfilment of commercial, contractual and legal responsibilities.
- Implementing and maintaining an information security management system certified to the internationally recognised data security standard, ISO 27001, is the most effective way of reducing the risk of suffering a data breach.
- Reassurance that Aeromark safeguard valuable data and intellectual property to the highest standards.